The Best of Sequined Skirts
I think many people are afraid of wearing sequins but in my opinion it’s never too much as long as you know how to downplay the rest of your outfit. Some steps I’d follow:
- Never wear more than one sequined item at a time. EVER.
- Keep the rest of your outfit plain. I.e. A black turtleneck or a fitted long blazer with a high collar over a sequined skirt.
- Opt for black tights underneath. If you’re looking for some warmer tights for winter, check out the cashmere ones at your nearest Club Monaco ($32CDN).
- Minimize all other accessories. Maybe a satin clutch and a small pearl necklace. Nothing gaudy in this department.
Here are some of pics of my fav picks this season:
1. This season, mostly under the influence of the Miu Miu Harlequin, I’ve totally fallen for the pattern in crazy colours. Particularly in purples and pinks, hence my choice of this Lipsy skirt:
2. This Express gradient mini was featured in the November 2008 issue of InStyle Magazine and rightly so. The gradient sequins remind me of Hervé Léger’s sequined number but of course much more affordable.
3. I LOVE this skirt here. The navy blue really sparkles and is so much more interesting than black.
4. This one is just really graphic and stunning on its own; I have no idea how you would wear this. It’s so flashy, I’d think the rest of you would have to go naked. O__O Maybe it’s an entertainment piece.
Image Source: Lipsy London, instyle, net-a-porter, new look